Sunday, January 22, 2012

LOVE MY CROCK POT!

Meat has never been more tender, soup has never been more flavorful and dinner has never been easier...my Crock Pot is my BFF! Get ready ladies, this is not your Grandma's Slow Cooker, there are hundreds of sites devoted to easy and delicious recipes that your whole family will love.

Here's my baby!  Perfect for traveling to parties too!
The Crock Pot is perfect for the "domestically challenged" because you really cannot screw it up.  The key is to get all of your goodies in the Pot right before you leave for work (Sometimes if I have room in the fridge I will prep it the night before so I can just pop it in the base and go).  The typical work day is 8 hours so setting your Pot on low before you leave will ensure your house will be smelling wonderfully as you walk in tired from a long day at work.  Is there really anything worse than being tired and having to whip up dinner for 2, 4, 6 or in some families 8? No there is NOT! Let your Crock Pot save the day!

Usually I get my recipes from Pinterest but if you're not signed up the absolute best site for Crock Pot Cooking is Crockin' Girls I'll leave you with some of my favorite links to get you going...

Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken  A favorite for any night of the week in my house, perfect for tacos, quesadillas, on top of a salad or even a panini!

French Dip Sandwiches   Amazing Flavor and SO EASY

Creamy Chicken and Broccoli   Perfect over rice

Happy Crockin' !

(Funny Story: Thank goodness I preview before I publish these posts...there were a few sentences recommending you use your Cock Pot...dear heavens.)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE my crock pot!! One of my fav sites is allrecipes.com. They have a crock pot section, too. That buffalo chicken recipe sounds really good. I'll have to try it some time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love my crockpot! I use it on tues and fridays every week best thing ever and have never
    been let down with a bad recipe!

    ReplyDelete